MARINE GAS FITTING
LPG bottle installations on boats when installed properly can be very convenient and cost effective.
Ezigas is able to provide you with the following:
(LPG on boats used for non-propulsive purposes only)
Many boat owners still think that working with 9kg or smaller LPG bottles is a do it yourself job. This is no longer the case and is now illegal. In 2013 a new gas safety regulation was announced to prevent any unauthorised gas installation of any type – you must have an Approved Certified Gas Fitter to complete this type of work, even on a boat. (AS/NZS 5601.2:2013)
Most gas appliances bought from retail outlets are set up for use with Natural Gas (Street Gas), this is not the same as Bottled LPG. These appliances need to be converted to operate safely with LPG Gas, and this work can only be carried out by a Approved Certified Gas Fitter.
LPG storage on a boat whether in use or not comes with a list of dos and don’ts, such as air tight to cabin, drained overboard, not to store other objects such as batteries and other fuel types with LPG.
The team at EziGas are well-versed in all the regulations pertaining to Gas installations on boats. As well as new installations EziGas offer updating pre-existing installations and a yearly inspection service. It is especially important for Gas to be checked regularly on boats, as they are in almost constant movement when in use and this has the potential to effect the installed components, including lines. Boats need to have their Gas installations certified yearly, with a re-test and visual inspection.
With EziGas you can be assured that we would make all the necessary checks to make your boating experiences safe.
Services we can provide:
- Gas appliance installations and conversions from Natural to LPG if needed.
- LPG bottle installations whether in locker or outside boat.
- Boat to Boat Services (we come to you) Waiheke Island, Great Barrier Island
- Safety sensor installations. (Auto safety shut off valves, carbon sensors, leak sensors and smoke alarms).
- Re-fits. If your existing gas installation is not up to code we can sort this for you.
- Gas Safety and Code of Compliance Certificate.
- Annually re-test and re-certify.
When it comes to your family’s safety don’t cut corners, give us a call, we are happy to help!